: Women's HERstory Month 2016: Remembering our Roots & Rising Up as Sisters! :
“When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.” -Audre Lorde
Happy Women’s HERstory Month Sisters! We are so excited to share with you the ways we are celebrating this month and we hope you will join us!
As women, it is important for us to have real moments of reflection to think about how much we have accomplished and how far we have to go to reach and seek true justice. One of the greatest things about being a part of a Sisterhood, our Sisterhood, is that all we do and all we work for is not done as one woman acting in strength. Rather, it is a thousand women building a collective movement that beams from California to North Carolina to Texas to Connecticut to New York to Chicago to Florida to DC and beyond! Sisters, we need each other. We need to leave this world better than we inherited it. So, let’s remember our roots this month and rise up in sisterhood!
- March 5th : March in March! UN Women for Peace March
- March 4-12 : NOMORE Week of Action
- NO MORE, where our honorary Sister, Rita Smith works is hosting a week of action and needs our support! NO MORE Week is a national grassroots activation aimed at making domestic violence and sexual assault awareness and prevention a priority year-round.
- Find an event in your area or get your campus/community program featured on the map: http://nomore.org/no-more-week-2016/#map
- March 7th : International Badge Day - Wear your letters on your heart with pride
- March 8th : International Women's Day - Pledge for Parity:
- We often hear that women make 79 cents to a man’s $1 but, when we speak of women of color, immigrant women, and indigenous women, the gap is even greater. Worldwide, women continue to contribute to social, economic, cultural and political achievement but, we are still looking at a wage gap that will not close for 117 years.
- Join us @omegaphibeta for a Twitter Town Hall from 1pm-2pm EST / 12pm-1pm CST / 10am-11am PST and be sure to use #PledgeForParity
- March 9-15 : 27 years of Sisterhood, Founder's Week 2016:
- March 9th : Evolution in Women’s Empowerment, Equality
- March 10th : Evolution in Culture, Identity, Diversity
- March 11th : Evolution and Growth in Scholarship, Professionalism, Achievement
- March 12th : Evolution and Growth in Leadership
- March 13th : Evolution in Socio-Political Activism
- March 14th : Evolution in Environmentalism
- March 15th : Evolution and Growth in Mentorship
- March 18th : OPB Gets Out the Vote!
- NYC Student Voter Registration Day - Join the New York Immigration Coalition & Omega Phi Beta Foundation to help NYC students get registered to vote!
- All Month Long : ItsOnUS.org campaign - Join Lady Gaga and Vice-Pesident Joe Biden to take the pledge to end sexual assault. Take the pledge at http://itsonus.org