Omega Phi Beta Foundation Announces Launch of STEAM Scholarships
New York, NY – November 10, 2017
* For Immediate Release *
Omega Phi Beta Foundation
Omega Phi Beta Foundation (OPBF) is excited to announce the launch of our scholarships for young women and girls looking to pursue their interest in the field of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math). Scholarships will be available in the amount of up to $2,500.
OPBF, a 501C3 philanthropic organization has committed itself to providing leadership, academic, and community development opportunities through educational and grant-making initiatives. These initiatives support individuals and organizations dedicated to advancing women's rights in STEAM.
In 2017, the Board of Directors worked extensively with various members of the community to see what scholarships would best be suited for young women and girls. After much research we are launching 3 STEAM-focused SCHOLARSHIPS!
- STEM to FLOWER Scholarship
- Awarded to high-school girls looking to pursue an undergraduate degree in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics) field(s).
- BE a RISING BUD Scholarship
- Awarded to high-school girls looking to pursue an undergraduate degree in any of the ART fields listed below. Our goal is to help lower the financial burden of tuition and encourage girls to expand their creative abilities.
- Studies for consideration include:
- Applied Arts (Creative Literature/Writing, Decorative Art, Design, Fashion Design, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Industrial Design)
- Cinematic Arts (Animation, Audio/Sound, Film-Making)
- Performing Arts (Dance, Music, Step, Theater)
- Visual Arts (Animation, Architecture, Audio/Sound, Ceramics, Computer Art, Crafts, Design, Drawing, Film-making, Illustration, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Video, Visual Communications)
- FULLY BLOOMED Scholarship
- Awarded to a mother who is pursuing any form of post-secondary education, which may include certification and/or training school. Motherhood is a commitment that requires one to put their needs aside for those they tend to. Our intent behind this scholarship is to support those individuals who are both mothers and students by providing them the financial assistance needed to achieve their goals.
"At this moment in time, it's just not enough to provide educational guidance, but we need to provide financial support to ensure the success of young girls and the women in our community," stated Jessica Saul, Executive Director of OPBF. "Thanks, in partnership to our financial donors such as Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., we will be making a difference."
For more information on how to apply visit: www.OPBFoundation.org, and to learn about become a donor contact us at: BOD@OPBFoundation.org
Omega Phi Beta Foundation (OPBF) has been organized to operate exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the scope of Section 501 (c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Implement and support initiatives for women and girls that strive to build a safe and equitable world for all via leadership and educational programs for communities nationwide. The organization was created in response to the ongoing need for role models and leaders in our community. For more information visit: www.OPBFoundation.org
Omega Phi Beta Sorority Incorporated is a Greek-lettered organization committed to spreading the Awareness of Violence Against Women. The mission of OPBSI is to serve and educate people of diverse backgrounds through sisterhood, leadership and guidance. As positive role models, we promote unity of all cultures, focus on the empowerment of our gender and raise the standards of excellence in our academic, social, and personal endeavors. OPBSI envisions a world without oppression, where empowered women celebrate the essence of womanhood and act as resources in the advancement of their communities. For more information visit: www.OmegaPhiBeta.org