A great deal of Omega Phi Beta's work is done at the local grassroots level by our members who serve not only as volunteers of Omega Phi Beta but with many other community organizations. As a whole, OPBSI has taken on many national initiatives to make a big impact with a particular cause or issue.
All Chapters and Collectives formally participate in national initiatives through programming, volunteer work, fundraising, and community engagement. Leveraging the reach OPBSI has throughout the nation allows our national initiatives to get the most exposure and make the biggest difference in the community.
Past national initiatives have included:
- St. Jude's Penny Drive campaigns with fellow NALFO organizations
- Partnership with Amnesty International
- Ujima Campaign to Give Back
- Voto Latino Voter Registration drive
- School Supply Drive for Punta Rusia, Dom. Rep.
- 10/10 Service Campaigns
- Hurricane Katrina Relief Effort (Raising $6,000)
- International/National disaster-relief efforts
- MADRINAS mentorship program
Current national initiatives focus specifically on the development and growth of our members and fulfilling OPBSI's mission, vision and philanthropy. These include:
- Regional Retreats (January/February)
- International Women's Day (March 8)
- Founder's Week (March 9-15)
- National Convention (August)
- Ray of Hope Walk to End Violence Against Women (October)
- NALFO's National Day of Service (November)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women (November 25)